“Now, my own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose ... I suspect that ‘there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of, or can be dreamed of,’ in any philosophy.”
(J. B. S. Haldane, Possible Worlds))
Salon.com, the Internet equivalent of MSNBC has a lengthy article by a author of a book to be released next week entitled “Brain Wars.” It’s about Out-of-Body Experiences (OBE) and Near Death Experiences (NDE)
It is my position that the Shroud has a direct relationship to the issues raised.
I think its time that inveterate skeptics understand that existence is not a simple phenomenon and at our existences most basic level, is weird, and does not yield to logic and common sense. OBE and NDE are windows to another level of existence. We interface with that level of existence at the quantum level.
Here are some points about quantum mechanics:
1. Reality is consciousness based. The existence of any object is not defined until it has been observed.
2. Quantum phenomena are electromagnetic waves. That includes all the constituent parts of the atom.
4. Human consciousness is electromagnetic waves derived of the human brain.
5. Quantum phenomena can operate independent of time and space.(quantum entanglement)
6. Quantum mechanics defy reason and common sense, but all calculations using quantum mechanics work and achieve predictable results.
7. If human consciousness is a quantum phenomenon than OBE and NDE are rational in the quantum sense.
8. Religion and science do not collide and at the quantum level they will merge and coalesce
The quantum level is the interface between material existence and the creative force. It answers to a higher logic that is beyond our understanding. OBE and NDE are glimpses of that existence and its promise.
So is the Shroud of Turin.